Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Central Florida is delighted that you wish to share your time, talents and energy to help us meet the needs of families with seriously ill children being treated at UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital. Volunteers are the heart of our organization and play a vital role in the successful operation of Ronald McDonald House® and Ronald McDonald Family Room® programs. A list of some of our positions and group projects follows. For more information, please contact Dorie Faulkner, Director of Volunteer Services, at email@example.com.
- Front Desk Host: If you enjoy customer service, this position is for you! You are welcome to recruit a friend to volunteer with you! Hosts serve as the front desk receptionist, check families in and out, maintain family registration records, and conduct brief House tours. They interact with the families being served, donors, healthcare professionals, fellow volunteers, vendors and the general public.
- Family Room Host: Are you compassionate and gracious? Do you enjoy listening to family stories? Volunteers in the Ronald McDonald Family Room help families enjoy a peaceful retreat within UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital. Hosts welcome and serve families directly. They perform light administrative functions and operational tasks.
- Pop Tab Program Coordinator: Oversee collection and recycling of aluminum pop tabs and introduce youngsters to philanthropy. Develop program expansions.
- House Helper: Help keep our House safe, clean, welcoming, and tidy.
- Maintenance Assistant: Assist with a variety of facility maintenance chores.
- Runner: Pick up and process donations once a week from Starbucks (Downtown) and Chipotle (Archer Rd.).
- Landscape Caregiver: Have a green thumb? We depend on volunteers to keep our grounds beautiful and welcoming!
- Refrigerator Ranger: Maintain our spotless, well-organized refrigerators on a weekly basis.
- Group Leader: Supervise other volunteer groups.
VOLUNTEER GROUPS“Many hands make light work.” ~ John Heywood. Volunteering together is a great team-building exercise, as well as a fun way to give back. We welcome volunteer groups of friends and neighbors, corporations, church and community organizations, fraternities and sororities, sports teams, etc. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352.374.4404, Ext. 0.
- Visiting Chef Program: Groups of ten or less provide a home-cooked or restaurant-purchased dinner or weekend-breakfast for our families (approximately 50 servings). Dinner is served at 6:00 PM; breakfast at 9:30 AM. Please contact Judy Bates, volunteer Visiting Chef Coordinator, at 352.219.6504 (Monday – Friday, between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) to schedule a date or recurring dates. Visiting Chef Guidelines
- Sweets & Treats Program: Here’s a sure-fire way to cheer up our families! Groups of ten or less bake or make other desserts using our kitchen and bakeware. All you bring are the ingredients. To book a time, please call 352.374.4404, Ext. 228. Sweets and Treats Guidelines
- Arts and Crafts: Sew, scrapbook, prepare goody bags for children, put together attractive toiletry kits, make greeting cards, or create inspirational decorations for families’ doors. Maybe you have an idea of your own!
- Adopt-A-Wish List: Volunteer groups collect wish list items for the House or organize community collection drives. To request a group tour and schedule delivery, please call 352.374.4404, Ext. 0.
- Offsite Volunteer Projects: Increase public awareness of our mission by hosting crafter groups. Create items such as baby blankets, caps and booties, especially for micro-preemies (less than two pounds!), hospitality bags, hospital activity kits for adults and children, fruit baskets, holiday gift sets, door decorations for guests’ doors, etc.
Meet some of the volunteers who have helped around the House and the Family Room located at UF Health, Shands Children’s Hospital! We thank each and every one of you!
Please contact Dorie Faulkner, Director of Volunteer Services at email@example.com, if you would like to share your volunteer story!