The Youth Volunteer Program (YVP) is designed for students to get their necessary hours during school breaks when there is not enough help at the House. Under the supervision of adult sponsors, students from the ages of 10 to 17 will learn about helping others, develop their interpersonal skills and keep our House running smoothly. There are tasks for everyone to be a part of.
Please submit applications online. Spots are limited, and all volunteers are expected to work at least one shift a week or every other week.
- House Helper: Help keep our House safe, clean, and welcoming.
- Landscape Helper: If you enjoy being outdoors, come help beautify our garden and landscape areas. Previous experience is recommended.
- Special Projects: From holiday decorating to setting up for special occasions, these volunteers get to help with our unique programs and events.
- Meal Maker: Assists Visiting Chef groups prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner for the House residents. No experience required. Position filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Thank you for your interest in the Youth Volunteer Program. Unfortunately, we have filled all of our available slots at this time and are no longer accepting applications. Please check back periodically for updates on vacancies.
Youth Volunteer Program Sponsors
Becoming a Youth Volunteer Program Sponsor is your opporunity to serve our House and teach our youth volunteers the importance of giving back. Sponsors are needed for the YVP program to function, and we are always in need of more Sponsors, especially during the summer.
As a YVP Sponsor, you will work with the youth volunteers (ages 10 to 17). Sponsors must be available for three-hour shifts during either the summer, winter or various school and holiday breaks. Sponsors must be at least 18 years old.
Youth Volunteer Program Sponsor Duties:
- Assign tasks and oversee small groups (3-5 youth volunteers) to ensure completion of chores.
- Maintain proper and safe use of equipment.
- Foster a positive, fun teamwork environment and provide feedback to RMH staff as required.
Youth Volunteer Program Testimonials
“The Youth Volunteer Program is a wonderful way for students to complete the volunteer hours required while learning compassion, leadership and independence. Running the program last summer taught me that younger volunteers are often more motivated and passionate than adults. They are helping because they want to, not because they have to. YVP allows volunteers that are often turned away because of their age to explore their talents and skills.”
– Katie White, Former YVP Coordinator
“Volunteer service is a fantastic way to engage with your community, help those in need, and perform a civic duty. Throughout my last two years I have been able to implement and partake in the Youth Volunteer Program (YVP) at the Ronald McDonald House of North Central Florida. The YVP has allowed me to mature into the young man I am today through taking on responsibilities usually reserved for adults. In addition, the YVP has taught me how even small acts of philanthropy can impact the lives of people in my city. The Youth Volunteer Program has given me an unparalleled experience and opportunity to make a meaningful difference in my community and myself.”
– Joseph Meert, Former YVP Coordinator