Get a tour of our house!
- 31 bedrooms with private baths, TV, DVD, cable and phones with voice mail
- Two fully equipped kitchens, with shared refrigerated & private non-perishable food storage
- Help-Yourself pantry and cupboards
- Two laundry rooms with free washers, dryers and laundry supplies
- Two living rooms with televisions and DVD players
- Private Pumping Room for nursing mothers
- A children’s playroom
- An outdoor playground area
- Family Business Center with computer & printer
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the House
- Calm sanctuary in our Butterfly Garden
- Common areas to read and relax
- A shuttle, courtesy of UF Health Shands Hospital, provides transportation to the hospital and UF Health Shands Medical Plaza Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. There is no shuttle service on weekends or holidays.
- Our House has NO transportation services, but is on several local RTS bus routes.
- Our Visiting Chef program’s goal is to have dinner every night at 6 p.m. Occasionally, our Visiting Chefs also offer breakfasts and lunches.
- Both kitchens have Help-Yourself refrigerators and stocked pantry shelves.
- Activities are provided on a fairly regular basis, such as: chair massages by the students of the Florida School of Massage, arts &craft classes for children and adults, support group meetings for parents, and occasional 2- and 4-legged special guests & visitors.
EligibilityHealth Statement: Anyone with an infectious disease, or who recently has been exposed to an infectious disease, will be denied admittance to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Central Florida (RMHCNCF) program and/or facility. All staff, volunteers, program participants and visitors must be compliant with the policy. Anyone who develops a contagious condition during his/her participation at RMHCNCF program may be dismissed from the program. With appropriate documentation that the individual is not a threat to a communal environment, the person may be reinstated in the RMHCNCF program. Guests of our House must live outside Alachua County and have a patient who meets the following criteria:
- The patient must be 21 years or younger, single and receiving medical treatment at a local medical facility.
- Parents must be over 18 years old; if not, they must have an immediate adult family member over the age of 18 stay with them at all times.
- Potential guests may not be registered sex offenders or have any convictions or pending cases of child abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
- Corporal(physical) punishment is not allowed in Ronald McDonald House of North Central Florida (RMHCNCF).
- Check in before 8:30 p.m.
- Provide a photo-ID
- Wear an ID band while in the House
- Have the ability to function in a community environment.
- Wear shoes and appropriate clothing at all times.
- Diapers are required for all untrained children.